Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A trip to the Cleveland Zoo!

While in Ohio we took a trip to the Cleveland Zoo. If you ever find yourself in Cleveland and are looking for something to do (weather permitting) check out the Cleveland Zoo. It is my favorite zoo next to The National Zoo in Washington DC. Matthew (my brother), Sara (my sister), my dad, my niece, Mia, all went with us. It was a HOT day (very few that we had in July) but lots of fun. The animals were very cooperative with the camera and I think I got some good shots of them.
Here is Grandpa Yogi and Emily riding the tram.

One of my favorite animals to see at the zoo!!




Here are the girls cooling off in the Rainforest. I was playing around with the settings on my camera. Wanted to see some black and white photos.


Here are three exhausted girls getting ready to leave the zoo.



Uncle Matthew and Emily riding the tram up to the top of the hill to see the gorillas.

Mia and Callie on the tram.



Once at the top and after going through the primate house we had a picnic lunch near a playground. Here is Mia and me sitting on a (not real) camel. She kept calling the camel Sally from the song that Barney sings. Something about Sally had one hump....

Here are all the girls with "Sally".

It was a fun day and we were all tired when we got back to the car. I couldn't find a Starbucks fast enough so I could have an iced coffee. Mmmmmm...it tasted great!!



Here is my friend, The ostrich. He/she was a bit intimidating but I loved watching these creatures. They are huge!!



The snow leopard. A favorite with my girls. He/she was sleeping and very far away. I zoomed as much as I could and I think I got a pretty good shot. I thought for sure it would be blurry.



The leopard. We watched this guy for a LONG time. He prowled around his area and was very cooperative with the camera. I got a lot of pics of him.


This was one grumpy guy. We watched him throw this sack over top of his head. He was fun to watch.


The koala sleeping. Very cute.

Isn't this a beautiful animal?




And, of course, the zebra.
That is all for now. More to come from our Ohio trip.

2 comments:

BelgiumBarb said...

Love the pictures! How beautful! The gorilla one was too great. He is a grumpy gus! I remember the camel song about Sally from when Brandon was little and used to watch Barney. "Ride, Sally ride!" :0)

~callie~ said...

I had alot of fun at the zoo!! mia is so cute!!