Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Time is Here!

Happy Friday!
It has been almost two weeks since I blogged. We have been busy as usual. Our Thanksgiving and time off was very nice. Thanksgiving day we stayed home and enjoyed a nice day relaxing, eating and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. The girls helped me make cheese puffs, rolls and a couple pies. They really enjoy being in the kitchen and helping me prepare meals.

We had Wednesday off from school so the girls and I went ice skating with some friends. The girls really enjoy it and are getting better. I enjoy watching them. I skated too but I can only hold myself up so they are on there own holding them selves up. Callie counted how many times she went around the rink. So much more than last year, apparently. Emily was able to keep up with her friend, most of the time.

Friday we were all off so we went to a ski and skate swap and were able to buy some very nice used skis for the girls and me. Boots too so we are all set for ski season. We got a very good deal that was better than leasing the skis for the season which is what we had planned on doing. Now the girls can't wait to ski. I am actually looking forward to it. I think this is the first year that I am anxious for the snow to come.

So this week was back to school and work for all of us. The girls had their last D.I. try out and both will be put on a team this year. I will be coaching Emily's team. Boy, I am not sure what I got myself into. I will not be going to the workshop but now I have to spend some time going over a ton of information so I can get my team up and running.

Today Emily is on a field trip to the State House in Concord. Todd went along as a chaperon. I am sure they will both enjoy it. This is the first school field trip for Todd. (He has gone on Girl Scout trips but not school.) So...I am going Christmas shopping with a friend today.

We got out the Christmas decorations and the girls are dying to get everything up and in place. Callie found her Santa hat and is already wearing it 24/7. Last year she wore it all the time and even went to sleep in it.

So happy Christmas Season to all and happy shopping.

No comments: