Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day Four....No School.

With school being out we have had some extra time to bake cookies and make Christmas cards. Yesterday we baked three different kinds of cookies. The girls were great. They really helped and we finished baking them all. Still need to ice the cutouts. Emily requested that we make green and red cut out cookies. So we colored some of the dough and did just that. I was a bit leery but they turned out really nice. Here they are cutting out the sugar cookies.
Here they are making Snickerdoodles. The girls chose what cookies they wanted to make. They also chose to make chocolate crinkles. They all turned out very tasty.
After my last post, the girls pointed out that I did not include a picture of our cat, Roscoe. I say "our" cat but he is really all Emily's. Roscoe and Emily have a very unique relationship. He acts so different with her than with any of us. Very cute. Here are a couple pictures of Roscoe.

The picture below is a typical position of Roscoe. Emily claims Roscoe talks to her. I have to say he really sounds like he says "out" when he wants to hang out on our screened in porch. He doesn't seem to get along with the other cats. I think he thinks he is human.

As some of you know, we got a new cat. Not something we planned on. We went to the animal shelter to get our Christmas tree as we do every year. And every year we go in and visit all the animals. Well, this cat approached me and all I could think of was Bugsy. He was so friendly to me and we all fell in love with him. His name is Benson, we call him Butler Boy sometimes, and he is already 10 years old. He doesn't act that old and is a funny cat. One of the things I really miss about Bugsy being gone is that he always came to sit on my lap when I was on the computer. The other day I was sitting here and Benson jumped up on the chair. I was so happy and thought, here we go....he has some Bugsy in him after all. But instead of sitting on my lap he just took over the desk and computer. Here are a couple pictures of that. I will get him on my lap sooner or later.


We are still out of school due to the ice storm. Some districts here have canceled school until after New Years. We still have downed power lines around town and people are still without power. To make things more challenging a snow storm has moved in and we are expected to get up to 5 inches of the white stuff. Right now it is nice to look out my window from my warm house at the beautiful sight of white everywhere. So we are making the best of it and enjoying our time at home.

1 comment:

BelgiumBarb said...

I bet you are still thanking your hubby for that wonderful generator! :0) Love the pics of the kids and pets. Happy cooking! Barb