Monday, July 14, 2008

More family time

We have been with my family since last Wed. evening. We traveled to WV to visit with my grandmother and grandfather. I feel very lucky to have both sets of my grandparents still alive and blessed that my daughters have been able to get to know them and form relationships with them. We arrived there Friday evening. Saturday morning we drove out to visit an old teacher of mine when I was about 4/5 years old. This dear lady tracked me down about 5 or 6 years ago and we have been exchanging Christmas cards ever since. She lives about 15 minutes from my grandparents house. Mrs. O'Brien is a hoot. She is a joy to know and full of life. I just love her laugh and I love that she and her husband made time to see us Saturday morning.

Saturday evening two of my cousins (Melanie and Samantha) and their families came over and we enjoyed a great meal and catching up with them. Again....the kids all got along and had a blast together. It was great to see them all. Sunday we stopped to see my Aunt Linda and Uncle Johnny Bob. It was a bonus visit as we got to see another cousin (Jeremy) and his daughters and wife. They just had a new baby and she is beautiful.

All the while we have spent precious time with my niece, Mia. She is such a joy and full of conversations. She is a talking machine!! Emily and Callie have been so good with her. Emily even got her to eat blueberries today after she refused to eat them with me. The things that Mia comes up with to say are so profound to me for an almost three year old. She melts my heart. This morning she licked my arm and then said to me, "You are delicious today!"

Well, that is all for now. Time to head to bed!

No comments: