Sunday, October 21, 2007

Remembering Noah



I just wanted to take a moment today and remember my cousin, Noah. These pictures were taken at our family reunion in the summer of 2003. Noah is no longer with us but I think of him often. Today would have been his 21st birthday. He was an incredible person and I always looked forward to seeing him. The last time I saw him was the summer of 2004 at our family reunion in Ohio. (Thank goodness for that reunion!) Noah and I had a wonderful conversation about school, football, friends, his girlfriend and what he wanted to do after high school. I can't even imagine what he would have accomplished by now at age 21. Amazing things I am sure! We miss you and love you Noah!!!

1 comment:

Mom P said...

Hey Gretch,
When I first saw these pics, they took my breath away. He looks so alive and happy. Of course he is even more alive and happy now than he would ever be here, but it doesn't keep me from missing him every moment of everyday. Sometimes the longing makes you feel like you are going crazy, because it is just so hard to process and believe it's really true.I my buddy so much!
I do love, that you remembered him. He sure loved you and your family. The holidays are not what they used to be for any of us, but Cort and Marty keep us going, along with God's tender mercy. When I read your blogs, it keeps me remembering about our life and what a great time we had. Your family reminds me so much of mine. I am so happy you have found the joy in your beautiful girls that I found in my Noah and Cortney. It's a beutiful life. I love you Gretch. Mom P.