Friday, October 19, 2007

This week the colors have finally come out. The tree in my front yard is at its peak! What a beautiful sight! Makes me remember why New England is known for their Fall colors. I took this picture of the pumpkins last year when we went to our favorite farm, Parlee Farm. It is a beautiful place to go all year long. This summer we went there with Mama Ann, Papa Bob and Auntie Allison and picked raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. This time of year we go and pick apples and pumpkins. We went a couple weekends ago and picked huge apples. I am still making apple crisp. The pumpkins were kind of scarce this year so I wanted to share this photo that I took last year.

This week was another busy week and it went by so fast. In between school, girl scouts and soccer we were busy watching our favorite team, the Cleveland Indians. It has been a very exciting series. We will see what the next two games in Boston will bring. Go Tribe!!

The weather here has been very mild and this week brought lots of sunshine. Today we had fog and rain and it feels very balmy outside tonight. Haven't had to pack away my capris just yet. Emily has been very concerned about global warming. We have had some great conversations and I have urged her to do some research on how we, as a family, can help. We have started a compost pile and have been very good about recycling since we moved here. So don't be surprised if you have a conversation with Emily about this in the future.

Callie is sleeping over her friends house tonight. This is her first sleepover without Emily. She has stayed over at our neighbors house with Emily but not by herself. I think she will be just fine. It is 10:30pm and we haven't heard from her.


No comments: