Monday, October 8, 2007

Soccer and Fall

Fall in New England hasn't really happened yet. We have had some unseasonably warm weather. Breaking records all over the place. I am not complaining. I love the warm weather but the colors are just not here. The leaves on my beautiful tree in my front yard are dying without the brilliant yellow and red colors.
Today we have cooler temps and finally rain. Rain is in our forecast all week so maybe the colors will start to come out.
Soccer is in full swing here and the girls seem to be enjoying it. Emily has been a bit more aggressive this year. She is playing on an all girls team this year and has a great coach. Callie is very aggressive in this game and loves it. Her coaches and parents on the sidelines are starting to call her an animal. Not sure how to take that yet. Emily's coach has pulled her to play during their practices and she seems to be able to keep up with them just fine. He has asked if he can pull her for a game if he is short players.
Soccer seems to be consuming our lives at the moment. Dinners are early and rushed with practices starting at 5:30 but I think we are all enjoying it. Somehow we find time for homework as well.
Today we are home for Columbus Day and I am hoping we can catch up on some much needed work at home. Todd is at work but the girls and I will be busy at home today. Perfect rainy day for it. Enjoy the pics. Hopefully I can remember how I am supposed to post them.
Happy Columbus Day!!

No comments: